Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Accounts Payable
Full-Time Accounts Payable
Date Opened: 2022-06-14
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 34
This position is responsible for the administration of account payable, ensuring payments are completed in a timely manner, reconciled with invoices and processed in accordance with the college’s financial policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• Receives and records invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
• Maintains records of expenditures and researches, as needed, if accounts payable documents are not received.
• Verifies invoice amounts are complete and provides required coding and signatures.
• Ensures payments for all invoices and bills are issued in a timely manner prior to due dates.
• Inputs data necessary for payment of invoices.
• Maintains all accounts payable Purchase Orders.
• Maintains and files financial reports in an organized manner.
• Creates, maintains, and monitors spreadsheets as backup to all accounts payable records.
• Provides training for other department employees, enabling them to serve as backup for the accounts payable position.
• Serves as backup to accounts receivable, payroll, cashier and other fiscal office position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of accounting principles related to the accounts payable function
• Familiarity with Excel and other software used for accounting and reporting
• Ability and interested in learning new software and processes related to the job
• Interest and willingness to work with others in the financial management team;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to ensure a high level of accuracy
• Ability to manage stress associated with deadlines and other time requirements
• Good judgement & decision-making abilities
• Ability to make good decisions utilizing good judgement
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Ability to multitask
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field is required.
At least one-year experience in accounts payable or financial management area is required;
or a combination of experience and education.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment