Employment Opportunities - Accounts Receivable/Financial Specialist 2
Accounts Receivable/Financial Specialist 2
Date Opened: 2023-11-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for performing complex accounting functions, clerical support, accounts receivable, student accounts, grants invoicing and drawdowns. Analyzes financial and operating data and prepares reports and financial statements under the supervision of the Controller.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for all accounts receivables, students accounts, grants invoicing and all documentation pertaining to drawdowns.
• Assists with cashier station, student schedules, ID cards, and general information.
• Maintains electronic and hard copy files for all students.
• Works with Collections and maintains all students accounts, reports and files.
• Reviews, financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, receipts, requisitions and reports for mathematical accuracy, consistency, and propriety;
verifies all general ledger and accounting codes are accurate and confirms process has been completed.
• Verifies Bookstore invoices and Financial Aid disbursement matching to Student Accounts.
• Computes, prepares, and processes invoices and disbursements for money due to Vendors.
• Creates and maintains electronic and hard copies for assigned work unit.
• Provides information to others as appropriate following College policy and procedures.
• Supports the controller for developing all Fiscal policies and procedures.
• Trained in payroll and as serves as backup.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Accounting principles, methods and procedures;
• Proficient with a variety of computer software, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications and programs to enter, update or
retrieve business transaction information
• Proficient in operating typical accounting office equipment.
• Ability to verify, allocate and resolve business transactions to subsidiary accounts
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree Business or related field is required.
• Five years of experience in Accounts Receivable with at least three years in customer service or an equivalent combination of education and
experience is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment