Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher 2
Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher 2
Date Opened: 2022-08-01
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position plans and implements the classroom environment and experiences for young children, including safety and developmentally appropriate activities in accordance with the New Mexico Early Learning Guidelines, CYFD regulations, and meets New Mexico FOCUS requirements in early childhood practices. This position is also responsible for obtaining necessary training or preschool licensure as per New Mexico FOCUS and/or CYFD.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate classroom environment and learning activities in accordance with NM Early Learning Guidelines.
• Complies with Luna Community College’s Preschool policies and procedures.
• Performs all job-related duties and responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner (Luna Community College code of Ethics and National Association for the Education of Young Children Code of Ethical Conduct and Stated Commitment (NAEYC).
• Ensures compliance with relevant Federal, State, and local laws and licensing and FOCUS standards where applicable.
• Meets with parents and staff to discuss students’ progress.
• Ensures facilities are maintained and cleaned according to state regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Knowledge of child development theory and practice
• Knowledge of childcare facility services and/or staff licensure and certification requirements
• Knowledge of child cognitive, social, and skills development methods and techniques and age specific activities and nutritional requirements
• Knowledge of New Mexico Early Learning Guidelines to be used in lesson planning
• Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation; strong command for oral and written communication
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
POST EMPLOYMENT CHILD YOUTH AND FAMILY (CYFD) and FOCUS REQUIREMENTS
• The worker must pass a CYFD Background Clearance immediately after beginning employment.
• CPR/First Aid Certification to be obtained upon initial orientation.
• Basic Training hours in health, safety and nutrition completed within three months.
• CYFD and FOCUS trainings must be completed within six months of date of hire.
• High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood or closely related field is preferred.
• At least one year of experience working directly with young children is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment