Employment Opportunities - Financial Aid Director
Financial Aid Director
Date Opened: 2023-09-18
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position directs and manages the development, operation and evaluation of the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans, coordinates and directs the student financial aid program according to federal, state and institutional regulations, rules and policies;
manages and administers policy development and procedural matters related to the program and the financial aid office.
• Participates in certifying student eligibility for assistance based on federal regulations; manages the processing of student loans and coordinates
verification of financial aid application data.
• Serves as liaison between students, families, faculty and community to ensure positive relations and accurate/current knowledge of financial
• Manages and maintains extensive record keeping systems for the development of reports for a variety of federal, state and institutional reporting
• Manages and performs all refund and repayment calculations for aid recipients who have withdrawn from school; sends repayment notifications to
students who owe overpayments and assigns delinquent accounts for collection.
• Provides financial aid information and counseling to students and parents; writes and develops student financial aid consumer information
brochures and pamphlets; assists in reviewing academic progress reports and prepares related notices to students; chairs a committee that
reviews all financial aid appeals.
• Resolves discrepancies or procedural problems and responds to program administration and/or program delivery questions ensuring necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of student financial aid administration
• Knowledge of budget development and administration
• Knowledge of supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Principles and practices of effective leadership, management and supervision
• Program management principles and practices
• Program development, implementation and evaluation
• Ability to assess objectives and operational requirements to develop and implement appropriate operational policies and procedures
• Ability to compile data and preparing reports
• Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Suite applications
• Ability to work under pressure, handling significant problems and tasks that arise simultaneously and/or unexpectedly
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s degree is required or a combination of education and experience.
• Three years of progressively responsible experience in a college-level student financial aid environment or transferable skills is required.
• Records management experience is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) professional supervisory references in application; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. For further information call (505) 454-2574 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com. LCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment