Employment Opportunities - Wildfire Resiliency Training Center Manager
Wildfire Resiliency Training Center Manager
Date Opened: 2023-11-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is a grant funded position, responsible for supporting the Wildfire Resiliency Training Center operations. The position is responsible for management of training workshops, student advising and recruiting.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and publicizes the workshop schedule.
• Recruits and hires workshop instructors.
• Identifies, schedules and prepares teaching/training sites.
• Periodically attends workshops and assists as appropriate.
• Manages workshop curriculum.
• Maintains and, when appropriate, repairs equipment.
• Maintains supply inventories.
• Advises students.
• Recruits students.
• Participates in professional development.
• Assists with budget management and development.
• Assists with preparation of grant and other external reports.
• Participates in community activity.
• Collaborates with other college leaders to support strategic goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Business-level skills in writing and oral communication
• Sound Judgment
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sits
approximately 25% of time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection,
Education, Experience and Licenses
• College degree in an environmental science or land management field, including but not limited to Environmental Science, Forestry, Rangeland
Management, Natural Resource Management, Fire Suppression, Botany, Biology, Hydrology, Wildlife Conservation, Recreational Resource
Management, Sustainability, etc. is preferred.
• Experience in environmental science and/or land and/or natural resource management position can be substituted for a college degree in an
environmental science or land management field.
• Activity implementation and/or project management experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment