LCC Faculty Senate Information
Welcome to Luna Community College Faculty Senate (LCCFS)
All employees and students at LCC, and all members of the greater Las Vegas community, are welcome to attend Faculty Senate meetings. Additionally, all adjunct and full-time faculty are automatic members of the Senate. In order to promote continual improvement toward excellence at LCC, our Faculty Senate seeks to:
- solicit faculty insights, suggestions, and recommendations
- promote productive communication and collaboration among faculty and between faculty, students, and administration
- advocate for faculty viewpoints on all issues in which faculty holds a stake
- make recommendations on college policy
- improve faculty salaries and working conditions
- facilitate appropriate faculty participation at all levels of college governance
Meeting times change by semester based on Senators’ schedules. During the Fall 2016 semester, the LCC Faculty Senate will meet the second Friday of each month at 3:30pm in the STEM Auditorium of the Administration Building, Tech 102. Meetings typically last 1 to 2 hours.
The current meeting schedule is as follows:
- Friday September 9, 2016, 3:30pm
- Friday October 14, 2016, 3:30pm
- Friday November 11, 2016, 3:30pm
- Friday December 9, 2016, 3:30pm (if approved by vote at the October meeting, the December meeting will likely be moved to 10am on Wednesday 12/14/16 of In-Service Week to avoid conflicts with final exams)
Elected members of the faculty Senate for the 2016-2017 academic year are as follows:
|Erin Abreu Gilland||Chairemail@example.com|
|Jessica McGee||Vice Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susan Grohman||Secretary and Senator of Allied Health Sciences and Nursingemail@example.com|
|Sierra Fernandez||Senator of Associate Membersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joseph Montoya||Senato of Tradesemail@example.com|
|Kenneth Bachicha||Senator of Humanities, Adult Basic Education, and Early Childhoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sequoia Romero||Senator of STEM and Businessemail@example.com|
|Patricia Kuhlman||Senator of Satellite Campusesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linda Salazar||Senator Ex Officio, Learning Resource Centeremail@example.com|
Vacant position(s): Immediate Past Chair (vacated in August 2016 when occupant left the employ of LCC, to be filled by current Chair in August 2017)
Join us! There is a place for you at LCC Faculty Senate meetings.
You can contact the Faculty Senate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Chair if you have any questions or would like to request to be added to our agenda for any meeting! If you have a department-specific concern, first attempt to contact the Senator associated with that particular department or group.