The purpose of the Shared Governance Council is to serve as a collective unit with equal representation from all college governance groups including the Faculty Senate, Staff Advisory Senate, Student Government, and Academic Leadership. The Council will review policy proposals, issues, concerns, and other institutional matters that are presented by these governance groups.
The Council also receives directives from the President and provides feedback prior to dissemination of information to the Senates and Academic Leadership. The Council is also required to prepare formal recommendations to the President to guide decision-making.
Next Meeting Time
Meetings are held every-other Friday, the next taking place on November 9th.
Primary Purpose of the ASLCC/CL:
- To represent the student body of LCC.
- To encourage cooperation and communication between the students, faculty, administration, board members and all campus organizations.
- To provide a forum for student expression and the exchange of student-faculty views.
- To enhance the quality of student life at LCC.
- To encourage educational retention and aid in the achievement of educational goals.
- To represent LCC through word and deed which reflect well upon the college and the students represented.
- To enhance student learning and development.
- To charter and register various clubs on campus
- To plan, initiate and follow through with special projects on campus
- To plan, initiate and follow through with social activities on campus
- Dawna Ortega-Gallegos
Office of Student Government
What we are working on now
- Afterschool programs local for K-8 students
- Campus Life and Game Room