Luna Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. The mission of the nursing department is to prepare nurses to provide culturally competent, community-based entry-level nursing care. Nursing is a rewarding career in high demand, which offers many challenges and opportunities within diverse healthcare settings. Upon successful completion of the second year nursing courses, a student receives an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and is eligible to take the NCLEX- RN.
In order for the graduate to become a Registered Nurse they will need to take and pass the NCLEX exam.
End of Program Objectives
- Engage in professional nursing practice that is patient-centered and culturally appropriate for individuals, families, and communities.
- Integrate principles of quality improvement and safety into nursing practice within healthcare organizations and systems.
- Deliver nursing care that is evidence-based across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors through the application of policies that apply to healthcare delivery.
- Engage in effective interprofessional collaboration in the delivery of healthcare for quality patient outcomes.
- Utilize technologies for the management of information and in the delivery of patient care.