Luna Community College presidential search underway
Luna Community College’s search for a permanent president is officially underway.
Gold Hill Associates, a search firm hired by the Luna Board of Trustees to assist in the search process, placed the advertisement on its website Thursday, providing a profile on the college, qualifications needed and application process.
The qualifications and characteristics listed are:
• The successful candidate for president will be a visionary and ethical leader with integrity who is compassionate and intelligent with a proven track record in a time of change.
• The successful candidate will have an understanding of the history, traditions and culture of northern New Mexico or a similar size rural institution and community and is expected to live within the LCC service area.
• The successful candidate will have strong and demonstrated written and oral communication and listening skills and an understanding of strategic and campus master planning.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire optimism and enthusiasm and personal courage and decisiveness.
• The successful candidate will have an understanding and the ability to develop legislative, community and donor relations.
• The ideal candidate will ultimately be dedicated to serving the long-term needs and success of LCC with integral and absolute commitment as a true advocate and champion of the school. It will be critical that the president understand current and emerging topics in higher education, related to assessment, retention and completion with a penchant for life-long learning and personal growth for themselves and all employees.
• An earned doctorate or other terminal degree from a regionally accredited university is required.
• At least three years of higher education senior level experience including experience in managing the financial and budgeting operations and possess entrepreneurial and analytical skills necessary to identify and implement new revenue opportunities. Community college experience preferred.
• Higher education teaching experience preferred but not required.
Applicants must submit the following for review.
- A current résumé/vita.
- A detailed cover letter addressing opportunities, challenges, characteristics and qualifications (limit five pages).
- A list of five professional references, including names, email address, and telephone numbers.
*The target date for applications is Monday, Feb. 15, 2021. For additional information about the search, please visit luna.edu or collegepresidentsearch.com.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
For more additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact Dr. Walter Nolte, firstname.lastname@example.org, (307-262-2576) or Dr. Preston Pulliams, President/CEO, Gold Hill Associates, email@example.com, (503-704-3425).
Dr. Kenneth Patterson is currently serving as interim president at Luna.
Luna Community College is the only community college in northeastern New Mexico. It is located in the lower slopes of the majestic Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range overlooking the city of Las Vegas, New Mexico. Luna Community College enjoys an outstanding reputation for its caliber of facilities, teaching methods, curricula, and dedication to excellence.