Shared Governance Council
Committee Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Shared Governance Council is to serve as a collective unit with equal representation from all college governance groups including the Faculty Senate, Staff Advisory Senate, Student Government, and Academic Leadership. The Council will review policy proposals, issues, concerns, and other institutional matters that are presented by these governance groups.
The Council also receives directives from the President and provides feedback prior to dissemination of information to the Senates and Academic Leadership. The Council is also required to prepare formal recommendations to the President to guide decision-making.
Representatives of the Shared Governance Council:
|Amanda Ortiz||Chair||Staff Advisory Senate|
|Kenneth Bachicha||Vice-Chair||Faculty Senate|
|Geno Castillo||Member||Faculty Senate|
|Evelyn Montoya||Member||Staff Advisory Senate|
|Jessica McGee||Member||Academic Leadership|
|Joseph Salas||Member||Academic Leadership|
|Briana Thomas||Member||Student Senate|
|Theo Chavez||Member||Student Senate|
You can contact all of the members of the Shared Governance Council at email@example.com.
August 28, 2019 time TBA.
The Shared Governance Council:
- Receives documentation from the governance groups of the institution.
- Meets in a timely manner to review submitted documentation.
- Evaluates documentation fairly and thoroughly and provides feedback when necessary.
- Submits recommendations with supporting documentation to the President of Luna Community College for the next step in the shared governance process.
- Prepare for current and future Higher Learning Commission visits.
- Maintain Shared Governance Council By-Laws.
- Promote and facilitate effective communication campus-wide.
NOTE: Please contact the Chair or Vice-Chair if you would like to request to be added to our agenda for any meeting, or make the request at the beginning of the meeting and you can be added to the agenda before it is approved.