Learn how to safely operate and maintain commercial and oversized vehicles. A combination of theory and lab practice is used in CDL training, which normally takes less than two months.
Complete the training to become eligible to take the state licensure exam. Covers all topics as mandated by the new FMSCA Training guidelines Effective February 7, 2022.
Financial assistance may be available through the Northern Area Workforce Development.
Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Program
Theory Class - Hybrid: Self study/In-person training
Lab/Driving/Range - Customized training times
For CDL Training — All CDL Licenses
|Tuition (7hrs @ 45/hr)*||$315|
|Lab fee / driving test / fee*||$2432|
|Book fee Self pay - order online (estimated cost)||$50|
|Med. Exam & Drug test (Self pay to provider)||$150|
|MVD Fees $10 permit; $18 license fee (Self pay to MVD)||$28|
|Total Tuition /Fees||$3000|
- Complete online application (here) to be admitted to attend classes at LCC
- Enroll in CDL classes by visiting the CDL Admin Office at Luna’s Main Campus (call for best times to visit)
- Arrange for payment (payment plan / WorkForceNM / HELPNM / DVR / Employer)
NOTE: A copy of the following is required to be on file in the CDL Office in order to participate in the driving portion of the CDL trainings (and they should be obtained during the same time frame as the Class portion, not before, as they are time-sensitive).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current CDL permit (when obtained)
- Drug test results (10-point test must be within 30 days of the Driving class)
- DOT Physical/Medical Card This DOT Department of Transportation physical examination must be conducted by a licensed medical examiner listed on the FMCSA
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration National Registry
If student does not pass the driving test, there is a Total Fee for Retest of $370. —Another test will be scheduled ONLY after the retest fee has been paid.
Room 116, Student Services, across from Admissions
Phone 505-454-5308 or
1-800-588-7232 (Ext. 1207)
Room 118, Student Services, in Admissions offices
505-454-2533 (Ext. 1205)