Staff Advisory Senate
The Luna Community College Staff Advisory Senate will serve as a source of input regarding issues and decisions of the college as they relate to all regular full-time/part-time, non-faculty staff at the main campus in Las Vegas and its locations across New Mexico.
The Senate will report to the College President and shall have 2 representatives serve on the LCC Shared Governance Council. In addition, the Senate shall promote the general well-being of Luna Community College by assisting the college in achieving its goals.
Elected Officers/Members of the Staff Advisory Senate are as follows:
|Amanda Ortiz||President||Administrative Other|
|Francina Martinez||Member||Administrative Directors|
|Karen Wezwick||Member||Administrative Assistants/Office Managers|
The Staff Advisory Senate will be holding a Work Session, Thursday, November 1st, at noon in the Student Services Board Room to recap the HLC Criteria information recently presented to the BOT.
Next Meeting: Thursday, January 17th at 5:00 in the Student Services Board Room.
Please direct any staff questions or concerns to the Staff Advisory Senate email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Staff Advisory Senate:
- Works in collaboration with the Office of Human Resources to establish two-way communication and address matters of concern identified by the Staff Advisory Senate or the administration.
- Studies problems, concerns, welfare and working conditions of the staff.
- Calls to the attention of the administration, other college organizations, individuals and matters of concern as they relate to the staff.
- Cooperates with the Faculty and Student Senates in the formulation of recommendations concerning matters relating to the staff, faculty, and students.
- The Staff Advisory Senate will not function as a bargaining unit or a grievance committee. Its main objective is to address issues affecting the campus staff at large.
Representatives of the Staff Advisory Senate
The Senate shall be comprised of 8 elected representatives from each of the following membership groups:
- Administrative Directors
- Administrative Other
- General Maintenance
- Administrative Assistants/Office Managers
- Community Outreach
- Bylaws amendments
- Welcoming Committee
- Policy & Procedure FAQs
- Salary Parity FAQs
- Employee Recognition Event
- HLC Criteria Review
- Annual BBQ/Picnic
- Summer 4-day Work Week