Staff Advisory Senate
The Luna Community College Staff Advisory Senate will serve as a source of input regarding issues and decisions of the college as they relate to all regular full-time/part-time, non-faculty staff at the main campus in Las Vegas and its locations across New Mexico.
The Senate will report to the College President and shall have 2 representatives serve on the LCC Shared Governance Council. In addition, the Senate shall promote the general well-being of Luna Community College by assisting the college in achieving its goals.
Elected Officers/Members of the Staff Advisory Senate are as follows:
|Amanda Ortiz||President||Administrative Other|
|Francina Martinez||Member||Administrative Directors|
|Karen Wezwick||Member||Administrative Assistants/Office Managers|
The Staff Advisory Senate will be holding a Work Session, Thursday, November 1st, at noon in the Student Services Board Room to recap the HLC Criteria information recently presented to the BOT.
Please join us on Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 for our next Regular SAS Meeting at 9:00 a.m. in Student Services Board Room.
Please direct any staff questions or concerns to the Staff Advisory Senate email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Staff Advisory Senate:
- Works in collaboration with the Office of Human Resources to establish two-way communication and address matters of concern identified by the Staff Advisory Senate or the administration.
- Studies problems, concerns, welfare and working conditions of the staff.
- Calls to the attention of the administration, other college organizations, individuals and matters of concern as they relate to the staff.
- Cooperates with the Faculty and Student Senates in the formulation of recommendations concerning matters relating to the staff, faculty, and students.
- The Staff Advisory Senate will not function as a bargaining unit or a grievance committee. Its main objective is to address issues affecting the campus staff at large.
Representatives of the Staff Advisory Senate
The Senate shall be comprised of 8 elected representatives from each of the following membership groups:
- Administrative Directors
- Administrative Other
- General Maintenance
- Administrative Assistants/Office Managers
- Community Outreach
- Bylaws amendments
- Welcoming Committee
- Policy & Procedure FAQs
- Salary Parity FAQs
- Employee Recognition Event
- HLC Criteria Review
- Annual BBQ/Picnic
- Summer 4-day Work Week